The Signal Rooms
Hundreds of On-Demand Resources
Fox Business News 09/16/2016
Enter your email and stay on top of things,
1. COMMODITIES NOTICE
“PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS. HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS MAY HAVE MANY INHERENT LIMITATIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE DESCRIBED BELOW. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY ACCOUNT WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE PROFITS OR LOSSES SIMILAR TO THOSE SHOWN. IN FACT, THERE ARE FREQUENTLY SHARP DIFFERENCES BETWEEN HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND THE ACTUAL RESULTS SUBSEQUENTLY ACHIEVED BY ANY PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM.”
“ONE OF THE LIMITATIONS OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS IS THAT THEY ARE GENERALLY PREPARED WITH THE BENEFIT OF HINDSIGHT. IN ADDITION, HYPOTHETICAL TRADING DOES NOT INVOLVE FINANCIAL RISK, AND NO HYPOTHETICAL TRADING RECORD CAN COMPLETELY ACCOUNT FOR THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL RISK IN ACTUAL TRADING. FOR EXAMPLE, THE ABILITY TO WITHSTAND LOSSES OR TO ADHERE TO A PARTICULAR TRADING PROGRAM IN SPITE OF TRADING LOSSES ARE MATERIAL POINTS WHICH CAN ALSO ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS. THERE ARE NUMEROUS OTHER FACTORS RELATED TO MARKETS IN GENERAL OR TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF ANY SPECIFIC TRADING PROGRAM WHICH CANNOT BE FULLY ACCOUNTED FOR IN THE PREPARATION OF HYPOTHETICAL PERFORMANCE RESULTS AND ALL OF WHICH CAN ADVERSELY AFFECT ACTUAL TRADING RESULTS.”
RISK DISCLOSURE AND DISCLAIMER STATEMENT
The risk of loss in trading commodity futures contracts (commodities and futures) can be substantial. You should, therefore, carefully consider whether such trading is suitable for you in light of your circumstances and financial resources.
Commodities and futures trading have large potential risks, in addition to any potential rewards. You must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in the futures or commodities markets. Do not trade with money you cannot afford to lose. This is neither a solicitation nor an offer to buy or sell commodity, futures or any other financial interests. The use or placement of any stop-loss or stop-limit orders may not limit your losses and you could lose more than your intended amount of money at risk. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to any discussed here. Past Performance of any trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results. Any and all systems, methodologies, patterns, statements, opinions, products, materials, services or webinar rooms are for informational, illustrative and educational purposes only and are not to be construed as specific advisory recommendations. We are not responsible for any trades that you may take or any losses that you may incur. Any trades that you may take are strictly taken at your own risk. You should consult your broker or financial advisor before placing any such trades. Any testimonials are not indicative of future performance, profit or success and may not be representative or indicative of the experiences of others or of your own experience.
Furthermore, you should be aware of the following points:
(1) You may sustain a total loss of the funds that you deposit with your broker to establish or maintain a position in the commodity futures market, and you may incur losses beyond these amounts. If the market moves against your position, you may be called upon by your broker to deposit a substantial amount of additional margin funds, on short notice, in order to maintain your position. If you do not provide the required funds within the time required by your broker, your position may be liquidated at a loss, and you will be liable for any resulting deficit in your account.
(2) Under certain market conditions, you may find it difficult or impossible to liquidate a position. This can occur, for example, when the market reaches a daily price fluctuation limit (“limit move”).
(3) Placing contingent orders, such as “stop-loss” or “stop-limit” orders, will not necessarily limit your losses to the intended amounts, since market conditions on the exchange where the order is placed may make it impossible to execute such orders.
(4) All futures positions involve risk, and a “spread” position may not be less risky than an outright “long” or “short” position.
(5) The high degree of leverage (gearing) that is often obtainable in futures trading because of the small margin requirements can work against you as well as for you. Leverage (gearing) can lead to large losses as well as gains.
(6) You should consult your broker concerning the nature of the protections available to safeguard funds or property deposited for your account.
ALL OF THE POINTS NOTED ABOVE APPLY TO ALL FUTURES TRADING WHETHER FOREIGN OR DOMESTIC. IN ADDITION, IF YOU ARE CONTEMPLATING TRADING FOREIGN FUTURES OR OPTIONS CONTRACTS, YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL RISKS:
(7) Foreign futures transactions involve executing and clearing trades on a foreign exchange. This is the case even if the foreign exchange is formally “linked” to a domestic exchange, whereby a trade executed on one exchange liquidates or establishes a position on the other exchange. No domestic organization regulates the activities of a foreign exchange, including the execution, delivery, and clearing of transactions on such an exchange, and no domestic regulator has the power to compel enforcement of the rules of the foreign exchange or the laws of the foreign country. Moreover, such laws or regulations will vary depending on the foreign country in which the transaction occurs. For these reasons, customers who trade on foreign exchanges may not be afforded certain of the protections which apply to domestic transactions, including the right to use domestic alternative dispute resolution procedures. In particular, funds received from customers to margin foreign futures transactions may not be provided the same protections as funds received to margin futures transactions on domestic exchanges. Before you trade, you should familiarize yourself with the foreign rules which will apply to your particular transaction.
(8) Finally, you should be aware that the price of any foreign futures or option contract and, therefore, the potential profit and loss resulting therefrom, may be affected by any fluctuation in the foreign exchange rate between the time the order is placed and the foreign futures contract is liquidated or the foreign option contract is liquidated or exercised.
THIS BRIEF STATEMENT CANNOT, OF COURSE, DISCLOSE ALL THE RISKS AND OTHER ASPECTS OF THE COMMODITY MARKETS
2. SECURITIES NOTICE
TA is not a broker/dealer or registered investment advisor under United States federal securities law or securities laws of other jurisdictions, and does not advise individuals as to the advisability of investing in, purchasing or selling securities or other financial products or services. Nothing contained in the service constitutes an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security. TA does not endorse or recommend any particular financial products or services. Nothing contained in the service is intended to constitute professional advice, including but not limited to, investment or tax advice.
TA does not and will not provide any investment advice or recommendations with respect to any investment decision or strategy with respect to any of the securities or other financial products described on the Website. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that any investment in any of the securities or other financial products described on the Website will only be made pursuant to an agreement or other arrangement with the issuer of such securities or a firm licensed to offer financial products. You understand that any investment in such securities or other financial products involves risk of loss and you may lose some or all of or more than your investment and that you and your agents and advisors are solely responsible for determining the suitability of any investment. You understand that none of the information contained on the Website constitutes investment, financial, tax, legal or other advice, and that you should consult your own investment, financial, tax, legal or other advisors before investing in any of the securities described on the Website.